For many households in and around Fairfax VA, spring is really a time for you to refresh the home with a thorough cleaning. The IICRC reminds us and consumers that a high quality carpet cleaning Fairfax VA schedule is best for their overall health by improving the indoor air -quality in the home.
The IICRC (The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) recommends the following in order to improve or boost your indoor air quality:
- You should keep your walkway and entries clear of debris - Start by keeping your outside sidewalks, entry areas, and porches clean. Sweep, dust, vacuum or use a leaf blower to take away soil from entries to eliminate the tracking of debris into your home or office.
- Use walk off mats to trap soil - Outside and interior mats trap dirt particles and moisture and should be placed at every entry. This doesn’t just extend the life of your carpet, it significantly reduces the quantity of particles that enter along the high traffic areas, and sooner or later they will become airborne.
- Purchase and use a good quality vacuum - A good quality, tough upright vacuum with brush agitation is often necessary to remove dry dirt & debris. Avoid purchasing the affordable paper filter bags that eliminate particles down to seven microns only. Smaller pollutant particles can pass very easily through paper filter bags and are a significant source of respiratory irritation, in addition to the common household dust.
- Vacuum frequently - You should increase the frequency of vacuuming your carpet in your home or office to stop soil from filtering down and becoming embedded in the carpet pile. When vacuuming, be sure to concentrate on the areas in your home where most particle soils collect. Most importantly, vacuum slowly over the areas with the most foot traffic.
- Professional carpet cleaning Fairfax VA - Hire a professional technician to perform a steam carpet cleaning. The hot water extraction carpet cleaning method lifts and suspends fine particles of soil. The high powered extraction equipment flushes and extracts the harmful pollutants from your carpets fibers. You may also want to clean the other soft surfaces in your home or office such as - upholstery, drapery, and bedding along with other fabric surfaces on a regular basis; wash linens weekly to get rid of allergens.
Contact Us To Schedule Your Free Assessment 703-334-2572!
We are here to help you gain the knowledge so you don’t get taken advantage of.
Just contact us, you’ll see the difference!